Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cheesy Crackers

Next stop on our quest for clean eating, cheese crackers.  My daughter loves Goldfish crackers and the like, so it was only fitting that I at least make an attempt.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and gave it a go:  http://cleaneatingintexas.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/clean-eating-kids-recipe-goldfish-crackers/.  The only alteration I made is I used whole grain KAMUT flour, an ancient unaltered grain.  They were really easy to make, just zip up the ingredients in the food processor, chill, roll out pretty thin, and bake.  I didn't have any mini cookie cutters so I just made square crackers using a pizza cutter.  They turned out in several different sizes of squares, the smaller the cracker the crispier it was.

The verdict:  They are really tasty and very close to tasting like the whole grain Goldfish.  My husband and I think they are great, but I am not sure if my daughter is sold on them yet.  (I made almond meal cheese crackers before and I think she thinks these are those.  She is not a big fan of almond meal flour.)  She does like them fresh out of the oven and I think if I find a cute small cookie cutter she will like them better.       

No comments:

Post a Comment