Thursday, February 21, 2013

Fruit Snacks

My daughter is obsessed with fruit snacks, so I went in search of an easy fruit snack recipe.  Here is what I found:  http://yinmomyangmom.com/2012/08/25/homemade-gummy-snacks-and-juicy-jiggles/.  It was really easy to make, just mix two envelopes or 2 tbsp of gelatin with fruit juice and pour it into a silicon mold.  I used Welch's 100% Grape Juice because she likes grape and it was the healthiest juice I could find at Walmart.  I bought my silicon mold on Amazon.com.  It said "Mini Hearts" but they were a bit bigger than I expected. 

The verdict:  She was really excited about the fruit snacks and seemed to really like them.  They had a firm jello texture and a not too strong grape juice flavor.  They were really easy to remove from the mold, I oiled it with a little coconut oil.            

No comments:

Post a Comment